Here’s a rough agenda for our upcoming meeting on Saturday March 11.
We’ll be meeting in the HB Central Library Theater from 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. The room’s capacity is 300 so we should be much more comfortable than last time. We’ll have microphones and audio visual equipment. To cover the cost of the room we are asking for cash donations. (We are in the process of opening up a bank account so that in the future we’ll be able to take checks and cards but for now we have to accept cash.)
-To lay out the groundwork the steering committee has set for how we’ll function as a larger group
-To organize subgroup communications and firm up proposed actions from the last meeting
-To walk away with specific commitments for group, subgroup and individual actions
- Get settled & Sign-ins 9:30-9:35
- Welcome Exercise/Check-In 9:35-9:40
- Cyn’s Welcome & Stir & Steer Report 9:40-9:50
- Guest Speaker: Oscar Rodriguez from Oak View ComUNIDAD 9:50-10:00
- Subgroup Breakout Sessions 10:00-11:00
- Huddle Up: Breakout Group Reports 11:00-11:25
- Treasurer Update: Bethany Webb 11:25-11:30
- Schedule Our Next Meeting/Announcements 11:30-11:40
- End In Action: Accountability Pledge 11:40-11:50
AFTER PARTY! Sort of…
March 11th is also the launch of the ACLU’s new platform PeoplePower.org. There are “Resistance Training” events being held all over the country the same day as our meeting. Suzy from our Huddle has graciously offered to host this one hour training session at her home, which is right by the library!
After our Huddle meeting we will have a brief break so people can grab a quick lunch and then we’ll head over to the house (address will be released at the meeting). We need to be at her house by 1:30 PM and then the training broadcast will be from 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM.
We hope you can make it!