Congratulations to Winner
HB Huddle May 19, 2018 Chili Cook-off
Veggie Chili Recipe
1 TBS Olive Oil
1/2 Medium Onion, Chopped
2 Bay Leaves
1 tsp Ground Cumin
2 TBS Dried Oregano
2 Stalks Celery, Chopped
2 green Bell Peppers, Chopped
2 Jalepeno Peppers, Chopped
3 Cloves Garlic, Chopped
2 (4 oz) cans chopped Green Chile Peppers, drained
3 (28 oz) cans Whole Peeled Tomatoes Crushed
1/4 Cup Chili Powder
1 TBS Ground Black Pepper
2 (15 oz)cans of Kidney beans, drained
1 (15 oz) can garbanzo beans, drained
2 (15 oz )can of black beans, drained
1 (15 oz) can whole kernel corn
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in the onion, and season with bay leaves, cumin, oregano and salt. Cook and stir until onion is tender.
2. Add the celery, green bell peppers, Jalapeño peppers, garlic and green Bell peppers. When vegetables are heated through reduce heat to low, cover pot and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Mix the tomatoes into the pot. Season with chili powder and pepper. Stir in the kidney beans, garbanzo beans, and black beans.
4. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes.
5. Stir in Corn and continue cooking for 5 minutes before serving.
Thanks so much for the BYOB event. I am so fired up for June 5th and the November election. We have some awesome candidates.